Saturday, August 30, 2008

Camping

Well we just got back from out ward family campout. I can not really remember the last time I have gone camping so I was reluctant to go. Not only did Bryce get back from the States after being TDY for a week, but we had a week from hell here. So packing up and going out into the woods did not appeal to me at all. But Bryce really wanted to go and it was the first year it did not rain so we did it. Bryce did most of the work though. I had a Lia Sophia show that night and since the camp site was really close I just went after the show. By the time I got there Bryce had everything under control. We sat around the camp fire singing camp songs and roast hotdogs and making smore's. The kids had a blast, since our ward is a young ward there are tons of kids. I think they all had a good time. I did remember why I don't like camping, out air matress went flat in the middle of the night and I do not like sleeping on the ground at all!!

We had a great breakfast with the Priesthood making pancakes and saugages, with a little guidence from the Sisters:) And after that we had a great time playing family fear factor. Our group came in second to last but we still had a great time and the kids loved eating things without their hands and throwing things at Mom. So next time I am bringing a really nice airmattress and we will give this another shot!

No comments: